Tuesday, April 28, 2015

An Apology, Expectations... and a few Outfits


Madewell Bien Fait Side-Zip Sweatshirt
Lilly Pulitzer for Target Women's Challis Shorts in Upstream
Fergalicious by Fergie Ferocious Gladiator Sandals in Olive
Lilly Pulitzer for Target Embroidered Clutch in Gold

First off, I want to say I’m sorry for dropping off the face of the planet. Well, the face of the internet. Well, really the face of my blog because my Instagram activity never slowed down. Either or, I am sorry. I don’t have a massive following, but the followers I do have, I have worked very hard for and I value each and every one. I’ve written and rewritten this blog post in my head several times over the past few months, but I really didn’t know what I wanted to do with my blog, so it all stayed in my head and the blog just stayed silent.


Madewell Crop Tee in Grey (extra 40% off right now!)
Fabletics KO Jogger in Black
Golo Pisa Calf-Hair Oxford
Baublebar Barbed Lara Bib in Hematite (sold out)


Its funny how you can wish and wish for an ideal situation, convince yourself that if only XYZ were to happen, you could be successful. Only when XYZ finally does happen, you are completely burned out and dispassionate. This is what happened to me. With the support of my significant other, I quit my job. I am pretty much a bum at this point and time. Its actually been almost two months since I left. I didn’t quit my job for blogging, I left for other reasons, but when I initially quit, I had all these dreams of rebooting and blogging full time. The reality of it was that I was so burned out from my job, from the wedding and from traveling, that the every time I tried to blog, I found myself distracted and uninterested.


PacSun Nollie Relaxed V-Neck Shirt
Joe's Jeans Boyfriend Slouched Slim Jeans in Riri
Aritzia Talula Prisma Floral Scarf (sold out)
Michael Kors Jules Large Drawstring in Luggage
Old Navy Tassel Loafers (not sold online)


I thought about shutting down the blog altogether. Instagram has been proven to be a good format for my creative output. That is, until Lilly and Milly happened. For the past week and a half I’ve been running around to different Targets and Kohls’, trying out the new collab items. Initially I only wanted to post Instagram, but I found myself forming reviews in my head. Thoughts and sentences that were really too long for an IG format. It was half way through a pile of Milly that I realized, this is why I love to blog. These reviews. Outfits are fun, but they’re not what drives me. So I’ve decided to switch my focus and make this a more review-centric blog. The posting won’t be as consistent, but I’m hoping that the quality will be even better. And to me that feels more important that churning out a weekly post.

I’ll still post outfits here and there, but I think the format will be more like today’s. A compilation of outfits, less formal, and more me. Not that my previous outfits weren’t me before, they were very much me, but almost a fantasy version of me. Since working from home and now not working at all, I’ve realized that my lifestyle is a lot more casual. I’ve also realized that when I don’t need to wake up at 6:30 in the morning, my tomboy side comes out a lot more. I still like to dress up, but the definition of that has changed to accommodate the kind activities I do now, vs the ones of my past (in other words I eat a lot and party almost never). When my blog was outfit-focused, I found myself creating fantasy outfits. Outfits I wish I could wear, but to be quite honest, were not practical for doing X. I know I’m not the only blogger that does this, I’ve seen multiple sale listings where a well-known blogger described the condition of an item as only worn for one shoot. I’m not OK with that. My closet isn’t OK with that. I want to own things that I will actually wearing multiple times, not just once in a blue moon. I want to wear things that I can say to you, my readers, yes, this is amazing. Yes, this is comfortable for multiple hours of wear. And yes, this item is on repeat. Posting outfits only to IG has helped me see all of this and has really helped me shape my closet.


Express Seamed Twill Cuffed Moto Jacket (color sold out, black shade left)
PacSun Nollie Free & Easy Tunic Tee
American Eagle Faux Leather Paneled Leggings (last season)
Madden Girl Champss Sandal in Black
Kate Spade Outlet Newbury Lane Sally Crossbody in Pillbox Red



PacSun Nollie Knot Your Crop Top
Halogen Dolman Long Sleeve Cardigan
American Eagle TomGirl Jeans
Vince Camuto Colby Drawstring Bag
Rocksbox Gorjana Greer V-neck Necklace
BCBGeneration Leopard Wedges (from TJMaxx)


So thats where I’ve been and where see things headed. I want to thank you for sticking around during this quiet period, and also thank you in advance for your patience as I implement all these changes. I’m excited to get back into it and will have a Lilly Pulitzer for Target and a Milly for Kohl’s review up in the next couple of days.

Thank you so much for reading!


bloglovintwittertumblr

3 comments: