Thursday, July 31, 2014

{Outfit} Camouflage and Ruby Reds



Today marks the last day of my birthday month. Its been a pretty darn good month. We did my bachelorette party one weekend and then, the weekend after, FH took me to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for my birthday! Its been a month long celebration full of animals. Can't ask for anything more than that.

And since its the last day of my birthday month, I thought it be appropriate to end it on a ruby red note. I don't actually wear a whole lot of reds, as you can tell by this blog. Red is really an interesting color. Its gorgeous, but its so bold that I tend to shy away from it. I love red accents. Red bags, red trims, red shoes.. but a solid red top or dress? Rarely will I feel comfortable in a solid red piece. But I think this top is a step in the right direction. The blush under layer makes it a bit more friendly, easier to wear. Plus the back is all sorts of amazing and the fabric hangs beautifully.







P.S... Excuse the tired eye look. I stayed up until.. I don't even know when, reading the last chapters Gone Girl.



Aritzia TNA Redmond Jacket (sold out - similar)
Zara Top (sold out)
VS Pink Shorts (old - similar)
MIA Joplin Sandals (other colors)
BaubleBar Slim Bow Necklace in Silver
Vince Camuto Perforated Bag in Black (Also looks UH-mazing in white)






bloglovintwittertumblr

7 comments:

  1. I love your purse! I really like the bucket bag trend but didn't want to spend too much so I just got this white one from Old Navy.

    dresslikeanengineer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eyeing those Old Navy ones! I saw them in-store and the quality looked pretty decent. How is yours holding up?

      Delete
    2. It's holding up just fine, but not long after I got it, I wore it with new dark jeans and the blue dye rubbed off onto the white bag. :(

      Delete
    3. Oh no! That's awful. :( I don't even know if that will come out of faux leather, I'm so sorry to hear that.

      Delete
  2. Love the whole outfit! Also your hair looks amazing! I can never get mine to get that sweet wave. Could you do a tutorial? :) Oh and could you also review Vain Pursuits? I'd love to hear what you have to say abt them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw something about Vain Pursuits the other day on my FB! I think they do personalized skincare?

      Delete
    2. Hey Georgia! Sure! I'd love to do a tutorial :) Unfortunately, it might be a couple of months before I can get one up. My wedding is in less than 30 days (eek!!) and we're doing our honeymoon right after! As soon as I get back I'll get a tutorial post up and look into Vain Pursuits (just took a quick look at their site and they seem very interesting).

      Delete