Thursday, July 3, 2014

{Outfit} Dots and Stripes in Marimekko for Banana Republic + Mini Review



Happy almost Fourth of July everyone!

I'm a bit late on the collaboration train with this one, but I've totally fallen in love with the Marimekko collection at Banana Republic. Though, I'm not sure what is making fall in love more. The amazing fit and fabrics or the beautiful Marimekko prints. Whatever it is, I went from being a bit meh about the whole thing to forcing myself to stop at three items. If you've ever shopped at Banana Republic, you know that can be pretty steep bill even on sale!

Believe it or not, there are some pieces of the collection still left. Mostly petites, and mostly small sizes from what I've seen. All of its on clearance, but if this sounds like it might run up your alley, there's currently a 40% coupon out (code: BRJULY) and yes it does work on clearance! In fact, I've got three more Marimekko items sitting in my cart right now.. so you better check out before I do! ;)

In terms of sizing, I did find this collection to be a bit off from my usual Banana fits. I typically wear a 0P or sometimes a 2P. Rarely does something from the regular line fit my body, but both the peplum top (shown here) and the Siirtolapuutar dress fit like a glove in the regular sizing. The peplum and the dress are made from the same type of cotton fabric, with no stretch. The 0R actually fit my waist beautifully in Siirtolapuutar dress, but I could not button the back comfortably. Surprisingly, there is no real difference 0R and 2R waists, but the 2R closed much more comfortably across my back.



On the flip side, I purchased the Kivet skirt in a 0P and that actually runs big (waist measures 13.5"). Since the skirt is severely sold out, I haven't been able to try on a 00P for comparison, but the slightly loose waist band does not bother me enough to return.



I'm really quite happy with this collection. I haven't really paid attention to Banana Republic ones before, but I've found this was well worth the cost. It also forced me to only pick out a few items that I'd wear repeatedly, versus the army of items I normally get from Target. Then again.. those three items are still sitting in my cart and boy is my finger itchy to check out.






Thanks for reading! I hope everyone has a fantastic, firework filled fourth!



Marimekko for Banana Republic Peplum Top (blue sold out, but a couple sizes in multi-color here)
Zara Striped Shorts (sold out, but extremely similar here)
Report Rebecka Heels (sizes 9.5, 10, and ll - only $14.99 here!!; everyone else here)
3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Mini Satchel



bloglovintwittertumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment