Tuesday, January 21, 2014

{Shopping} Peter Pilotto x Target Lookbook


Does any one else feel like this collaboration just snuck up on them? Cause I do. Either that or I've spent way too much of my time buried in holiday and after-holiday sales. Which.. is entirely possible (/hides the giant pile of new shoes). And of course the official lookbook would launch while I was in LA, unable to get to a computer. Of course it would.

But that didn't stop me from furiously swiping away on my phone! Sand be damned (though seriously guys, it was all sorts of amazingly beautiful in Santa Monica. I wish I could move there).

What I love most about this collection (aside from the obvious awesome prints) is that most of the items come in two sets of colors. This means being able to pick a shade/tone thats more flattering for your skin color and, well, less stuff to buy! Which is so important right now because I think my wallet is planning on murdering me in my sleep. Or possible FH. He won't even talk to me about this! He started ranting about white and yellow shoe boxes. Um, hello. That was sooo two collaborations ago! ;)

Jacquard Dress in Red Iris Print - $79.99; Belted Dress in Green Floral Print - $49.99

Lets talk about how much I need this Jacquard Dress in my life. Like, I may actually feel forever empty inside if I do not obtain it (OK, no, not really but at this moment, yes). Its absolutely gorgeous and the fabric looks like it may actually be decent quality. I anticipate this selling out quite quickly.

The Belted Dress looks crazy awesome, especially the cut outs at the top shoulder. We'll have to see how the multi print ends up looking on though, could be overwhelming. I am also a bit worried that this is going to be another "Belt All the Dresses" collection, as you'll see below.


Sweatshirt in Blue Floral/Check Print and Red Floral/Check Print - $29.99; Peplum Tank in Red/White and Blue/White - $24.99

Being able to decide between colors is sort of a double edged sword. In some cases, like the Belted Dress (which also comes in a Red Floral Print), the choice is easy. In other cases, like the Sweatshirt and the Peplum Top (omg, especially in the Peplum Top), the choice is well.. a bit difficult. I am pretty sure I am going to end up with both colors, assuming it fits well.

There isn't much to say about the sweatshirt. I need another designer sweatshirt like I need a hole in my head, but I can't stop buying them. Which is probably why Target won't stop making them. Sweatshirts for every day of the week! (That means I can buy both right?)


Dress in Red Floral/Stripe Print (also in Green Floral/Stripe) - $39.99; Dress in Purple Floral Print, - $69.99;
Shirt Dress in Red Floral/Check Print (also in Blue Floral/Check Print) - $34.99; Belted Dress in Blue Floral/Check Print (also in Red Floral/Check Print) - $44.99


This group of dresses is going to be known as the deja-vu-collection. I am 99% sure the cuts of these dresses are similar to the cuts in the Prabal Gurung line. Which, really, Target, would it kill you to open up a neck line or two? The plus to this is that I can almost predicted how these will end up fitting.

The first dress, looks quite similar to the First Date Drop Waist Dress, sans sleeves. Which means, more than likely it will be super comfortable.. and need a belt. The second dress in the Purple Floral looks a lot like the sleeveless dress that came in the Meet the Parents print and Dresden Blue color block. Chances of this dress fitting well is high, but also means I may need to rethink this purchase considering I hate the collar on the PG versions.

The cut of the shirt dress is similar to the Nolita one, and unfortunately means there's a chance it will be too big for me. However, I won't give up without trying it with a belt first! I don't know why I didn't try the Nolita one with a belt, I'm sure my wallet thanks me, but my closet wishes I had. Last but not least, the Belted Dress looks a lot like the color block dress that came in the First Date print and Calyso Coral. I will be staying far, far away from this dress. The PG version had horrible torso issues for my petite body.


Skirt in Light Blue Floral/Check Print and Green Floral Stripe Print - $34.99; Skirt in Black/White Print and Red Floral/Check - $34.99

The skirts in this collection have really caught my eye. I'm half praying the material is nice and half praying its all cheap and horrible so I don't buy them. All four of these skirts are really going to come down to fit and material. The pattern on each is gorgeous, but I can see the shapes going badly if they do not fit well.

Moto Jacket in Blue Netting Print - $59.99; Blazer in Blue/Black/White Colorblock - $49.99

Previously Target collaborations tell me I should not want these. They will more than likely be a bit too big. But you know I'll be trying them any ways right? I have a theory that the moto jacket will look better left open than belted/closed.


Romper in Red Iris Print in $49.99; Pant in Green Floral/Stripe Print, $39.99

There is a huge part of me that hopes that this romper will fit horribly. There is no world that exists that I can justify keeping a dress and romper in the same print. None. Yet.. It may happen? :X While I'm not a fan of how the striped pants fit on the model (just say no to highwater!), I'm hoping the inseam will fit a shorty like me better.


Rash Guard in Black/Green Floral Stripe Print (also in Black/White) - $29.99; Bikini Top in Black/White Print (also in Black/Green Floral Stripe) - $22.99; Bikini Bottom in Black/White Print - $16.99
Sunglasses in Red Iris Print - $16.99; Slip-On Shoe in Green Floral Print (also in Black/White) - $29.99


I do wonder how well this collection will do. The prints are fantastic, but much like Prabal, not everyone is going to be comfortable in such loud items. Plus, a good chunk of the line is resort/swimwear. The shirt above is actually a rashguard. My heart totally broke once I realized that. Can you imagine how fantastic it would've been if Target had made it into a regular long sleeve? I would wear it everyday! The swimsuits (especially the corset ones) are really adorable, but I don't feel compelled to own every single one like I do the clothing. Swimsuits are hard, fits and self confidence will really dictate how well they sell. However, there are tons of accessories in this line. There are beach towels and bags that aren't pictured here, but I can honestly see selling out over some of the clothing. A beach towel is easy to buy and will most definitely be used. A cute pair of sunnies (I will own those sunglasses) or nice tote? Those are easier to coordinate and remove from your body (if you feel uncomfortable) than a dress.

Regardless, I am more than able and willing to do the 6 AM line up. I cannot wait for review time. :) Nothing makes me happier than trying on tons and tons of cute clothing. Well.. maybe shoes?

You can view the rest of the collection here.

Oh.. and P.S... I totally reserve the right to change my mind about all of this once collaboration panic sets in. :D


Photos from Target
bloglovintwittertumblr

2 comments:

  1. can't wait for your reviews! I really enjoyed all your prior designer-collaboration reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olyvia!! :) Just a few more weeks to go!

      Delete