Monday, December 2, 2013

{Outfit} Banana Republic Factory Holiday Looks: Flirty



It's a bit strange starting off the first post of December with huge rays of sunshine, but it is California and the sun has stayed out quite a bit this year. Granted, that hasn't stopped the freezing cold from rolling in every morning and some nights, but I suppose it is winter. As promised, this is my second holiday look from Banana Republic Factory Store. I purposely chose a dress that you wouldn't (or at least I didn't) expect to find at Banana Republic. I guess I always thinking of BR as place that is a bit more subtle and not as much into the louder prints.

Not that I'm complaining. This dress screamed "BUY ME" the minute I walked into the store. No, seriously. It was literally the very first dress you saw as you walked in and it was waving a huge sign saying "Pick me! Pick me!" Delusions aside, this dress is obviously not your typical kind of holiday dress; which is why I love it. It's a bit unexpected and not restricted to seasonal wear. I can easily see myself wearing this in the summer and winter. Again, it's all about how you dress it up.

Since I am trying to be more grown up and style this outfit for a more casual holiday event, I kept my make up neutral and went with a peachy shade for my lips. Every day eye make up (especially when you have a monolid) rarely changes the look of something. It's your lips that'll do the real talking. I chose a pair shoes that matched a color on the dress to keep the outfit from going over the top. However, I am itching to try a pair of leopard heels with the dress as well. As far as accessories go, I think almost anything is game given the color palette. I opted for an emerald green necklace to reflect the winter season and also because it stood out instead of blending in. The dress looks equally as charming with purple stones but lacked the bold, flirty feel I wanted to create.

I hope you've enjoyed this holiday look segment! Not like you needed a reminder, but the Banana Republic Factory Store 50% off all dresses event starts today! If you go, please comment below and let me know what you got! ;)









Happy Cyber Monday! Thanks for reading!


Banana Republic Factory Dress (c/o Banana Republic Factory Stores + Monogram Magazine)
New York & Company Necklace & Bracelets (here and similar)
Kate Young for Target Bow Belt (similar)
Steve Madden Sarrina Heels




bloglovintwittertumblr

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this dress. the shapes, the colors. it's perfect!

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! You look so gorgeous every single time, and this one is just another wonderful outfit!:)

    ♥ Charms | my ∞ fashion confession

    ReplyDelete