Tuesday, November 12, 2013

{Shopping Tips} Call of the Styled Coat


Call of the Styled


Last week ModCloth contacted me and asked if I would like to participate in their Uniquely You campaign. Of course I said yes! The feature item would remain a mystery for a few days, but I love ModCloth and I love a good style challenge, so I really didn't think twice about participating. When I found out that it was going to be the Call of the Styled Coat, I admit, I was a bit befuddled. While I love a good winter coat (especially one with toggles like this one has), the overall aesthetic was not something I would typically pick out. But I think thats the part of the Uniquely You campaign. It gives you a chance to see that while it may not be you initially, it can be styled into something that is you all together!

The real point of the Uniquely You campaign, however, are the very unique items that are being featured each week. The Call of the Styled coat is part of the Bea & Dot line. This line is ModCloth's own private brand and ranges in size from XS-4x! Bea & Dot is truly meant for the ModCloth customer. For this campaign I wanted to pick items that complimented the coat, but still rang true to my current style. I've been coveting clean and simple silhouettes lately, which is why I started with the Not a Moment to Waist Skirt. I've actually been wanting a plaid pencil skirt for a couple of months now, so this challenge is really only adding fuel to the fire. I decided to keep the rest of the outfit pretty neutral so that I could throw in some colorful accessories. I absolutely love the Coin a Phase wallet. Ugh, I don't know what it is about this time of year, but red just likes to screams its way into my wardrobe.

So what do you guys think? Is this outfit just perfectly for the holidays or what? I, for one, have already added the Ready for Anything heels to my wishlist. I mean really.. Seychelles? Heart on the toe? If I had the funds, I would be checking out this instant!

Thanks for reading!

bloglovintwittertumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment