Thursday, October 24, 2013

{Outfit} Oxblood Pants and Autumn Leaves



Forever 21 is such a funny place. For the most part, I know what to expect from an F21 item. Its cheap, trendy fashion, good for a few wears at most. I don't ever expect items to hold their shape for very long, which is why I never considered buying jeans from there before. But every now and then Forever 21 surprises me, and this is one of those times.

I've been looking for a pair of oxblood colored skinnies since last year. Nothing I liked was within my price range, or the color was just a tad off. I wanted oxblood. A deep shade of red with hints of black/blue, not wine (which has more brown tones) or burgundy (which has more purple) or even maroon (which.. well isn't even close :P). Oxblood is a difficult color to find because the actual definition of the color seems to vary. I know a lot of stores use burgundy, oxblood, maroon, and even bordeaux interchangably, and I don't blame them. The colors are quite similar. But I knew I wanted that rich black hue in my red and I refused to settle.

Just when my search seemed hopeless, I came across these jeans on Forever 21. The color is actually listed as burgundy, but a quick trip in-store soon confirmed that the hue was more of a blue/black. And with a fantastic price--$15.90!! How can you beat that? I didI hesitate a bit. Its Forever 21. I didn't want to fall in love with the shade only to have the jeans stretch out and become completely unwearable, but at the price point I knew I had to give it a try.

I am so glad I did! Who knew these would be so amazing. I've worn them 3 or 4 times now and they have not lost their shape (please note that I do wash on cold and hang dry all of my jeans). These have been more than worth the $16 I spent and I am quite happy they have filled that oxblood hole in my closet.

If you are interested in picking one of these jeans up (since there are some amazing colors available, and they're always adding more!), here are some sizing notes:

❤ The material is more of a twill than a denim. It also seems to catch lint easily, but hasn't been too bothersome for me.
❤ I have a 26" waist and picked these up in a 26" and found them to fit perfectly after one wear. They were initially tight in the waist but have stretched out after one wear to the perfect width.
❤ The waist is 30.5" after wear (I forgot to measure before wear.. sorry!), and I'd say the rise hits me right below my belly button. They're a low-rise jean, but not ass-crack low rise.





Happy Thursday! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks for reading. :)


3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Peplum in Floral
Kate Young for Target Polkda Dot Mesh Bodysuit (old - similar)
Forever 21 Skinny Jeans
BCBGeneration (via TJMaxx) Leopard Wedges (similar here and here)



bloglovintwittertumblr

1 comment:

  1. i have been on the lookout for oxblood jeans as well. i'll have to keep an eye out for them!
    they go great with your hair :)

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete