Friday, October 4, 2013

{Outfit} Happy Plaidurday



Yes, you heard me. Happy Plaidurday.. or Happy National Plaid Day. If there's anything I've learned by now, it is that literally everyday is a celebration of something and today, is Plaidurday.

Plaidurday happens the first Friday of October. Actually, this only the third year of this holiday, but as it were, plaid is raging to come back from the 90's this season so I thought it would be fun to celebrate. However, doesn't Plaidurday sound like it should be on a Saturday and not a Friday? I mean really, it should be Plaiday, but I guess thats not nearly as fun to say as Plaidurday. Today also marks one of the few times in which I am actually wearing the same outfit that is being posted! A true outfit of the day post.

Plaid is actually kind of difficult to wear without feeling like a punk-rocker or like you're working on the farm. Its a really fun pattern and over the years I've gone through my share of items. This shirt is one of the few to last. The black and white combination really keeps it classic. I've always loved a bit of punk-rock to my outfits, so I did throw in some faux leather and moto boots, but in general I kept my silhouette pretty tailored and the base of my outfit is all neutral. Add in a few pops of colors a la Phillp Lim and I think I have one helluva Plaidurday outfit!



Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for reading.

And... P.S... I promise next week's post won't include a single thread of Phillip Lim. ;)


Express Plaid Short Sleeve
Rampage Faux Leather Shorts (Old - Similar)
3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Satchel with Gusset in Yellow
3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Boom Scarf
Fergalicious Footwear (c/o DSW) Erin Bootie
Tobi Sunglasses


bloglovintwittertumblr

1 comment:

  1. love how you added the pop of color with the scarf. i need that!

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete