Thursday, October 31, 2013

{Make Up} Halloween: Vampire Diaries Look



I love vampires. There. I said it. I freaking love vampires. I loved them before it became cool to love them (damn you Twilight). I loved them ever since I picked up my first vampire novel in elementary school. Oh Christopher Pike... little did you know that your Last Vampire series would set the course for an everlasting, undying (har har get it?) love. I don't love all vampires though. I fairly particular about the kind of vampires that I love... Anne Rice, of course, being one of the top on my list and Twilight being not even going to consider it. Lately my favorites have been the vampires in The Vampire Diaries (TVD). Not the books, to be honest I rather dislike the books, but the TV show. I absolutely love the TV show. And of all the vampire movies and shows I've seen, The Vampire Diaries has, to this day, had my favorite vampire transformation.

Surprisingly, through my many years of vampire love, I have never dressed up as a vampire for Halloween. I don't know why its taken me five seasons to do this. but here we are.. in all my Vampire Diaries glory.

I'm really happy with how these shots came out. This has been my second attempt at studio make up (and really my first attempt was so long ago I don't think it should count anymore). The first shot is what I call my "Stefan" look. If you don't watch TVD (you really should), Stefan is the serious character. He's the one that always tries to stay in control and doesn't really want to be a vampire. He's basically the sad one of the bunch. But of course that means he's super sensitive and attentive and has abs. Totally perfect right?

Eh! Not my cup of tea. I'm a huge fan of Damon, his brother. Twisted and dark with piercing blue eyes (and abs), and a very rebellious bad boy streak.. I would run away with him any day of the week (sorry FH!). Damon is the in between. He started off pretty bad, not really evil, but not exactly helpful. He's self centered, and is still fairly self centered but is (in true bad boy form) a total softie on the inside and just needs someone to show him love (really Hollywood, this is why girls are so delusional in real life).

On the more extreme end, there's Klaus.. who I absolutely love as well. He's all bad. He thinks of no one else but himself and he rather enjoys carnage and mayhem. He's got a lot of daddy issues. And oh yeah, he's also a werewolf. Otherwise known as a hybrid. When Klaus vamps out his eyes glow golden because the werewolf part of him comes to surface as well. Which is what you see in the photo below... my hybrid look, complete with blood.




FH is going to play one of my victims. Haha.. assuming we actually have some where to go tonight.. which I doubt. We've gotten quite old and boring. :)

Happy Halloween everyone! What did you dress up as?



Face:
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in No.23 Natural Beige
Everyday Minerals in Medium Beige Neutral
SmashBox "Artificial Light" Luminizing Lotion in Glow
BareMinerals Matte Foundation in Medium Ta
BareMinerals Hydrating Mineral Veil
Vampire "Costume Face" Tattoos! (blood spatters)

Eyes:
Wet 'N' Wild Fantasy Makers in 'Vixen Femme Fatale' Package
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (Venus, Wos, Crave shades)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Red Cherry #117 False Eyelashes
AngelContacts Circle Lenses in Geo Nudy Grey

Lips:
Wet 'N' Wild Fantasy Makers in 'Vixen Femme Fatale' Package
Bed Head Girls Just Want it Palette (Passion Shade)




bloglovintwittertumblr

2 comments:

  1. you did a great job! i wouldn't have thought it was your first (or second) time doing this!
    and i love Damon too. i haven't watched this season yet but I was starting to love Klaus as well.


    p.s.- i'm a huge Twilight fan lol

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young; you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email, worldofvampir@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete