Thursday, September 12, 2013

{Outfit} Blush + Black



I like participating in closet/shopping challenges. It forces me to justify the existence of some of the items in my closet, and also forces to realize when it is time to get rid of something.

As you know, I'm currently in the middle of my own yearly closet challenge, but one of the Facebook groups I'm in decided to launch a new one for the month of September. The idea behind the challenge is to rediscover forgotten items in your closet while incorporating a summer to fall kind of theme. Rather perfect since that is all I seem to dress for lately!

I never really "forgot" about this dress, just couldn't figure out a way to wear it in a way I liked. Its probably been like 4 or 5 months since I got it. Sometimes it just takes a while (maybe more than a while) to get the wheels in my brain churning! Or... sometimes it means getting a new item and making falling in love with the idea of it?

Which, I know.. I know. You're not suppose to buy things if you can't already see how to style them with your existing closet! In my defense, this was a swap item not an actual purchase.. I think that makes it a little bit better right? :P

Its obviously not a terrible stretch from the black and white outfits I've been obsessing over lately, but the blush and black portrays a completely different feel. Its softer and more elegant, with just a touch of romance. I also love how the blazer is soft enough to compliment the ruffles of the dress but at the same time, stops it from looking overly sweet.





Thanks for reading! Happy Thursday (and only two more days until the launch of Phillip Lim for Target. EEK!!!)


Express Tuxedo Blazer
ModCloth Strikingly Sweet Dress
Prabal Gurung for Target Heels in Black (old - similar)
NY&Co Chain Pearl Necklaces (old - similar here and here)


bloglovintwittertumblr

1 comment: