Thursday, August 8, 2013

{Outfit} Double Trouble



I feel like I've hit some sort of blogger milestone. Y'know how every LA blogger seems to have at least one set of photos at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art? Well its like that, but for the Bay Area its Legion of Honor (unless of course you're Wendy and have sets from both). I feel like these locations should end up on Shit Bloggers Wear or something.

In any case, its not hard to see why everyone loves to take photos here (or at LACMA). It is just beautiful and oddly simple despite the numerous columns. I'd never been to the Legion of Honor before. Its quite amazing inside and I'm sad we only had enough time to cover the top floor. I can appreciate and understand paintings, but sculptures (marble in particular) just blow my mind. I hope we can go back soon and see the rest of the museum.

I've been playing with this idea of a double peplum for a while now, but I couldn't find the right peplums to stack against each other. The peplum on the skirt has a lot of volume and length, and I needed to find a top that had the same amount of length but not as much volume. I'm so happy I found this top from Express. Not only does it let me stack four layers of peplum, but it is covered in stars! It was really the perfect outfit to wear for my birthday.

Unfortunately, San Francisco being San Francisco, I ended up changing into pants not long after this. The fog rolled in pretty hard and the temperature dropped dramatically. Lucky for us there was 69,000 people at the Justin Timberlake concert to keep us warm! :P






P.S. If it looks like my hair is a hot mess.. its because it is. Another San Francisco blessing. Fog + curls = frizzy hair.

Happy Thursday! Thanks for reading!


Express Star Peplum Top
Pacsun Peplum Skirt (similar)
Forever 21 Mint Moto Jacket (similar)
Prabal Gurung for Target Pointed Toe Heels in Black (similar)
NY&Co Crossbody Purse (similar)



bloglovintwittertumblr

4 comments:

  1. This outfit is soo cute! Love your hair!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! How I love the double peplum! :)

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. in love! i thought it was a dress at first! so cute!

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I thought it was a dress too! They seem perfect for one another.

    ReplyDelete