Thursday, June 27, 2013

{Outfit} And I can't change. Even if I tried, even if I wanted to



Yesterday was a very important day in history. Its the best of feelings to turn on your radio first thing in the morning and hear such fantastic news. Its even more fantastic that the sun finally decided to come out to play. Its like it had been waiting to hear the good news as well! Three days of rain and over casted humidity is not my idea of a California summer!

Every time I look at this dress it reminds me of Charlie Brown and I think that its because of that, that I'm drawn to it. I'm not entirely sure if a chevron stripe of this size is the most flattering for my body type, but none the less, I enjoy this dress. It has a very playful vibe to it, but at the same time I felt as if I easily add a bit of class.

I decided to pair the dress with ankle strap sandals. A mix of dainty against the bold lines of the chevron. I also felt the dress was short enough to compensate for the strap truncating my legs. Ankle straps are really tricky creatures--even the thin ones. The same goes for booties or anything that ends at your ankle. You really need to make sure that its being balanced out well enough that you don't cut your height in half.





Happy Thursday everyone! Just one more week til the Fourth of July! Parttttyyy~!



LeTote Chevron Dress
NY&Co Colorblock Trench
Mix No. 6 (DSW) Charlie Heel in Black (old - similar)
NY&Co Floral Necklace
Xhilaration (Target) Butterfly Sunglasses



bloglovintwittertumblr

1 comment:

  1. I adore your dress! It really has a wonderful print!

    Arra
    Style | Reader
    http://arraabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete