Thursday, May 2, 2013

{Outfit} Let them wonder how we got this far



This was one of the last outfits we shot at our old house. I'm still searching to find that one "spot" (preferably within walking distance) of our new place where we can shoot outside. I also have dreams of grandeur as we have a spare room now and I am hoping to set up a photography room. I'm guessing this will happen in like 6 months or so at the rate we're going. If we're lucky, we might even be able to have a housewarming party in a month or so. Might. We like to dream the impossible here.

In any case, this jacket has a pretty awesome name. I call it the Grandma Jacket. Why? Well, a few months back I was out shopping with Anna and we were browsing through the racks of Forever 21. I kept grabbing brocades and tweeds and I commented to her, "Sometimes I think I have the tastes of a grandmother." She gave a smirk and continued digging. About 5 minutes later I gasped, said "This. Is. Awesome" and pulled out this jacket. Her eyes got wide, "Yeah, you do have the tastes of a grandmother!"

Hey, at least I'm one cool grannie right?




To be honest, while I thought the coat was fairly amazing, I don't know if I would've bought it had I not tried it on with this exact dress. Something about the combination of the two just brought an immediate smile to my face. This is one of my favorite outfits and one of the few I'll actually repeat. I love that its almost a reverse pop of color. There's so much black and white going on, but its being coated with this brilliant shade of blue. I made sure to keep my accessories pretty minimum so not to distract from it.


>


Funny enough, I hadn't planned on posting this outfit quite yet. In fact, I had another one totally planned out.. but guess who hijacked my photos again? Sigh. This is beginning to become a trend is it not? You know what the say, for better and for forgetful! ;)

Happy Thursday everyone! Hope you have a great weekend!


Forever 21 Mod Jacket
ModCloth Audrey's Top of the A-Line Dress in Houndstooth (Closet brand)
ModCloth Fashionably Late Pocket Watch Necklace (OOS - Can also be found here)
Tobi Sunglasses
Prabal Gurung for Target Pointed Toe Heel in Black






bloglovintwittertumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment