Thursday, May 16, 2013

{Outfit} Fall in love with yourself



I find it difficult to wear this dress and not wear a pair of bright pink flamingo colored shoes. The two just go hand in hand! Sure I could've toned this down with a black pointed pump, but I was feeling bright and cheery and figured.. why not?

However, much of this outfit doesn't really fit into what I've been trying to do for myself recently as far as my style goes. I've been wanting to dress more "adult". I'm not sure if thats really the right word for it, but its pretty much what goes through my head when I put together outfits lately. I am undoubtedly attracted to bright, adorable prints and bows and lace and incorporating that into looks that have more structure and cleaner lines is difficult. I mean, thats really where the difference lies right? Rounded, soft corners are a lot more playful and have youthful feeling to them. Where as clean, straight lines have more a of a serious tone to them. At least this is what FH explained to me. He is a mechanical engineer and pretty much spends much of his life living in the design world. While he works in consumer products and not in fashion, the same concepts pretty much apply.

I don't want to give up my playfulness. I think that aspect is what defines my style quite a bit. I just need to find new ways to incorporate it a cleaner and simpler wardrobe (and hopefully do this without having the need to repurchase my entire closet).






I think I've done a decent job lately with the last coule outfit posts I've had.. but I do feel like this outfit puts me maybe half a step back? I don't know! What you do readers think? Does this past the bar? Or are there ways I can dress this up a bit to have a cleaner look to it?



ModCloth Tropic of Conversation Dress
Mojo Moxy Magic Heels in Fuchsia
Belt from the Kate Young for Target Polka Dot Chiffon Dress (not sold separately)


bloglovintwittertumblr

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I found you via the modcloth style gallery while I was uploading my photo today. You grabbed by attention because of the pretty dress and statement shoes. I love that the heels are quilted and have gold and I adore the sweet adorable print on the dress; I love unique prints. Now I really want your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Imogen!! I hope you were able to get the dress!!

      Delete
  2. i like this outfit! it may just be because of the pink shoes..but it doesn't matter cause i like it! and you look great.

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iesha!! My pink shoes are one of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Pamada, I love the dress with the shoes! BRIGHT!
    I understand the need to look "grown" up, but never lose that part of yourself that is innately you! You are special, and you OWN it! Have fun with fashion, and please keep sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for the supporting words Claudia! Its always a difficult battle right? I don't want to end up on something like What Not To Wear.. but I'm definitely a more playful person! I'm sure it'll evolve into something.. hopefully... not horrible. Haha!

      Delete