Friday, March 15, 2013

Kate Young for Target Lookbook



So here it is, Prabal Gurung has just barely hit clearance at Target and now the next collaborative lookbook has launched. Kate Young for Target. I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this line. I've been fairly turned off from non-designer collaborations ever since Target launched The Shops last year. While a lot of the Webster items looked darling, there were some major fit and quality issues. Kirna Zabete was significantly better, but even then I wasn't totally sold. I had been eyeing the leopard print trench forever and a day, but never pulled the trigger.

Now, I do realize that Kate Young has already established herself significantly. Ranking number one by The Hollywood Report as one of the top stylist is no easy feat. A stylist or a buyer may have a good eye in terms of picking out whats looks great and how to style it, but there is still a huge difference between a stylist and an actual designer.

All that being said, I do like a lot of these looks, especially the gem print. While, nothing totally blows me away or makes me gasp for air, I can see myself wearing a lot of it (especially the printed body suits!). I'm very, very iffy about quality though and the choice of using satin in a line like this. For one thing, you know its not going to be a silk satin, but a nylon or polyester kind. I'm guessing its more poly than anything based off how shiny a lot of these are looking in the lookbook. Either that or they abused flash like crazy. But we won't know until launch day right? I don't think I'll be going crazy buying everything online, but I will probably check it out day of. As much as I like some of the items, its not going to be worth the crazy 6 or 7 AM line up though.



Peplum Dress in Black/Navy with Belt $69.99; Strapless Bow Dress in Gem City Print $59.99

These two are probably m favorite item, with the peplum dress being my only real "must have". I think its darling, but at that price level I have some hesitations.


Peter Pan Collar Dress in Gem City Print $49.99; Peplum Dress in Rose Print $49.99


Bodysuit in Black Star Print and Black Polka Dot Print $29.99 each

OK, I lied. I actually love these bodysuits and want to consider these "must-haves" I need to see what they look like in whole (and also see if they're itchy *ahem-Prabal-ahem*) before spending thirty bucks a pop on them. I am kind of excited for the added element they're going to give a lot of my current pieces. I also kind of hate how those shorts look. I don't know if its just bad lighting but the seams look like they're puckering.


Satin Blazer in Cream $49.99; Jumpsuit in Black $79.99


Flame Pumps in Red and Black $39.99 (online exclusives); Patent Leather Clutch in Black or Tan $19.99 (online exclusive)

Of everything, I will most definitely be ordering these pumps online. I love how they look! And I've honestly grown quite found of Target heels lately. Most of them are surprisingly comfortable (particularly the pointed toe pumps from the Prabal Gurung line).

What do you guys think? Compared to the Prabal and Marchesa lines, I do feel a bit underwhelmed by this lookbook. I'm hoping a lot of it translates better in person because I've been wanting a white with black trim blazer for a very long time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! <3
bloglovintwittertumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment