Friday, January 11, 2013

Prabal Gurung x Target Look Book




First of all, how adorable is Prabal Gurung? Actually, he may fall more in the delicious category than the adorable.

Secondly... holy crap! its finally out! I have seriously been waiting weeks for the Prabal Gurung x Target look book to show its pretty little face. Ugh, it seemed to take forever! I half wonder if they were trying to focus more on the Neiman Marcus collaboration and therefore held off releasing until now, because it does feel a bit later in the game than normal.

In any case... it's here. Oh, its here and I am so excited. I had to restrain myself from showing you guys the entire lookbook--I love that much of it. This is definitely worse than Jason Wu, which is saying quite a bit since I said I'd marry him. Does this means.. I'd willingly become a mistress? Hmm.. If it means I get to own all of this line then sign me up! (I kid, BF, I kid.. I think.)

Let start off with my must-haves:


Dress in Floral Crush Print $49.99; Dress in Meet the Parents Print $44.99


Blouse in First Date Print $26.99, Skirt with Lace in Sulfur Spring $34.99; Blazer in Floral Crush Print $49.99, Long Sleeve Tee $19.99, Shorts in Floral Crush Print $26.99

I mostly want the blouse in the first photo, the skirt is a maybe because of the pleats. Something I really need to see in person. The second photo? I would rock this head to toe. I seriously would.


Dress in Dresden Blue $44.99; Dress in Apple Red $49.99

I'm totally obsessed with both of these, but they're similar enough where I should only pick one.. but which one!?!?

Ok, that's a lot of must-haves already. Pretty sure I'm already in the $300 budget range with those. On to the maybes. Maybes because I'm not sure about how they'll actually look on, or I just really need to see it in person.


Peplum Top in Floral Crush Print $29.99, Leather Jacket in Dresden Blue $199.99

Both of these borderline maybe to must have. Peplums always need to be tried on. They can be the most flattering things in the world or the most horrible depending on where they hit on your torso. And a blue leather jacket? Um, yes please! But it being the most expensive thing in the collection will probably make it a bit unattainable. I'd rather have the five dresses over the one jacket! Plus with her hunched over like that, its kind of hard to see what it really looks like. :P


Dress in First Date Print $34.99; Ruffle Dress in Sulfur Spring $39.99

I don't normally like ruffles, but I do love how this is done. That being said, I think there's a lot of potential for making you look bigger than you are.


Pintuck Dress $49.99; Dress in Calypso coral/Atlantis $39.99

I adore both of these but I have a feeling they won't look as cute on. I think the Pintuck dress might make me look like I'm in Junior High (which is OK I guess, since I still wear tons of Hello Kitty?), and the colors on the short-sleeve dress will clash with my skin tone.

Surprisingly, shoes are at the bottom of my list. Not because I don't love the styles, but because I've never purchased Target shoes before. I have no idea how comfortable or uncomfortable they might be. I'm actually pretty picky about the quality of my shoes and how much I'll shell out of cheap ones. Most of the time there's $10 price limit on flats, $20 for heels, and $25 for boots. Granted, I'll give some leeway given the exclusivity of these lines, but for the most part I would really need to see these in person. $40 on a pair shoes, no mater how cute, that make my feet cry are not worth it any day of the week.


Lace Up Pumps in Meet the Parents Print $39.99; Pumps in Sulfur Spring, Nolita print, and black $39.99

The Lace Up Pumps in the Meet the Parents Print is probably my only "must-have" kind of shoe. I won't keep it if its horrible, but I'm willing to buy it full price at midnight to see what the quality is like in person.


Lace-up pumps in black, Nolita Print, and Apple Red $39.99; Ankle-strap in black and Apple Red $39.99

I love the Ankle-strip heels! Love. They actually come in four colors (Sulfur Spring and Dresden Blue not pictured) and I love the simplicity of them, and the fact that its a rounded strap instead of a flat. However, I don't feel like they totally scream out unique, and can easily find dupes at a higher quality, so they will probably a "on clearance" kind of purchase.

Welp that pretty much does it for my list! There's also quite a bit of accessories designed for the collection (pretty necklaces, bangles, and earrings) that aren't pictured here simply because they don't invoke that frenzied desired that the other items do. You can check out the rest of the collection here. I really cannot wait until February 10th. I wish the line wasn't launching so soon after the holidays (especially because I have IMATS next weekend too), but I'm sure I'll find some way to make it work. Filing for bankruptcy.. is that an option? ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!



Photos from Elle.com
bloglovintwittertumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment