Tuesday, January 29, 2013

IMATS Los Angeles 2013



Its that time of year again--only six months early. Well, I don't know if early is the right word. IMATS Los Angeles was moved up to January this year and that is where it is apparently going to say. I can't say that I was totally thrilled when I heard about it (especially since it comes right after the holidays!). I loved going in June when the weather was nice and warm. It meant light clothing and trips to the beach and endless amounts of sunshine. However wonderful I paint Southern California in my head, it is not normally that bright and sunny in the middle of January.

Thankfully, Lady Luck was on my side.

Oh, it was beautiful. High 70's all weekend long. I even got to spend time on the beach since it coincided with BF's Lei Out tournament. My packing... was not so light, however. It was still chilly at night--not like Bay Area chilly where I need five layers to stay warm, but a light jacket and tights chilly. Plus, we got to stay for three days instead of the usual two and with two kinds of events to go to.. well its amazing it all managed to fit in the car.

Especially since I was going with my favorite special someone. No, no.. not BF.. y'know who I'm talking about.



Yes, thats right! Anna! Who also, in true road trip tradition, fed us cookies along the way and they were uh-mazing.

I purposely didn't take my usual front-of-the-Pasadena-Convention-Center-IMATS-sign photo this year. Trying to mix things up and keep it fresh /wink. The truth is that with every year I go, there are a lot of things that stay the same, but there are lot of things that are different, too. If it was always the same I wouldn't be going every single year. Discounts can only drag a girl so far y'know? The funny thing about this year is the sheer amount of bloggers that were in attendance. In general, the blogger crowd has been growing steadily, but this year just seemed to have exploded. Elessa from PurseBuzz has had a booth set up since last year and I even saw a couple of vloggers talking to their video cameras while walking around (not sure who they were exactly since I'm not on YouTube a lot, blasphemy, I know). I'll admit, it was kind of weird to see them in person doing that. Its admirable really. I can't even take photos in my front yard without running away from my neighbors, let alone walk around a convention center full of strangers talking to myself--er a handheld camera? I guess that's not totally talking to yourself?








In any case, I had a lot of fun. There's definitely a lot more photos this year than last, so I apologize for the heavy duty traffic to your bandwidth. I'm saving my haul photos for another post for this very reason. Next year I might do a whole post on just IMATS fashion alone. There were so many different outfits from people in attendance and from the different vendors. And, of course, the Stila runway show was completely captivating...











...Or was that because they had a bunch of male models throwing out free brushes at the end?





Nah. That totally wasn't it. :p







That's it! Hope you guys enjoyed! Don't forget to enter in my giveaway if you haven't done so already. There's only about a week left!


bloglovintwittertumblr

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Terrific photos! This looks like it was an amazing experience. I've always wanted to attend a proper runway show. <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete