Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'll get you my pretty.. and your little dog too!



My style has been undoubtedly changing lately. I'm having difficulty telling if its maturity finally kicking in, or if its simply a seasonal thing. After all, fall is all about layers, and nothing layers better than a nice crisp dress shirt and fitted sweater.

I still love my prints. I don't think that'll ever change, as evident by these cropped pants. They're actually a perfect harmony between everything I want and desire right now (including an amazing price). They let me display a clean silhouette, but still keep the playfulness in my clothes that I love. I do need to be carefully, and not get too carried away with the fitted sweaters. I mean, there's only so many ways one can wear a sweater and shirt combo--right?

Another thing that's changed, and completely blown my mind, is a new found love for pointed heels. Yes, that's right pointed heels. Its seriously gone so far that I now own 5 or 6 pairs! Who knew? Of course it helps that pointed heels have been making a major comeback this year, and I feel like the type of heels that are now available aren't as severe and a lot more attractive for your feet. Heels that are overly pointy make me feel like I'm the Wicked Witch of the West!

Now pointed heels aren't the most comfortable thing to wear, especially if you have wide feet. There are a few tips and tricks that you can do to make your time in them more comfortable:

❤ Size up! Go up half a size and make use of footbed paddings, such as Dr. Scholl's Ball of Foot Cushions. These things are life savers. Not only are they great if your shoes are just a tad bit too big for you, but they really help add an extra level of comfort to your heels.
❤ Be wary of your height of your heels. A 4" heel is almost standard for me, but as most pointed pumps don't have a platform to help with the angle of your feet, a 4" pointed heel can be down right painful. Go with what is feels comfortable for you.
❤ Pay attention to materials. Your poor little toes are going to be squished together, even if you go up half a size. You want to make sure that the inside of the heel isn't going to rub and cause blisters. You think walking in raw strap hurts? Try walking around when the tip of your toe is blistered and constantly getting slammed against something! (Really, it all hurts either way. I still haven't figured out why we do this to ourselves.)
❤ And.. as always. Practice, practice, practice! Wear them around the house for a copule of hours, if you can. A thinner heel, especially if its not well made, can be difficult to balance in. Make sure your ankles are supported well enough that if you happen to be out and not entirely sober, your ankles aren't going to roll on you.

I hope these are helpful! Heels can be our best friend and our worst enemy all at the same time. Its important to find something that works for you and your comfort, and not just your wardrobe.

Happy Thursday!









Express Dress Shirt
Gap Sweater (similar here)
Kohl's SO Cropped Pants
Steve Madden Carli Heels
NY&CO Color Block Bib

bloglovintwittertumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment