Monday, October 1, 2012

But I have a dream inside.. a perfect life...



At the moment my hearing is a bit fuzzy and my throat is rather sore. I'm tired and just want nothing more than to crawl into bed.

Sick?

Nope. These, folks, are the symptoms of an amazing weekend full of amazing concerts. As luck would have it, Jason Mraz and Christina Perri were playing on Friday and the loves of my live, Safetysuit, was playing on Saturday. There was just no way I couldn't not go to both! I've been wanting to see Jason Mraz for a very, very long time now, and I've been waiting even longer for Safetysuit to come back to the Bay Area.

It was at the Safetysuit concert where I reverted back to my teenage self, jumping and screaming at the top of my lungs, and lunging at the chance to hug a very sweaty lead singer (oh but it was so worth it). If you don't know who they are, you need to see them live. I know, you're thinking, why on earth would I want to see them live before I've even heard a single song? Because they are THAT good my dears. That good. Two years ago, I found myself falling in love with the opening act to Parachute. I didn't know a single wod. I didn't recognize a single song. But the energy, the voices, the music -- it was more than enough to make me a fan for life.

In any case, I suppose I should stop proclaiming my undying love for Doug Bro.. er I mean Safetysuit and actually talk about my outfit huh? This was not, btw, what I wore to either concerts, but I really couldn't wait to share the experience (that and most of my outfit photos are on a mobile phone :P).

I'd been thinking about this outfit for quite a while. I really love a good print. Even if that print happens to come on a pair of kid's shorts. It was really one of those big no-no's you always hear about when shopping. Don't build an outfit around one item if you don't already have the items in your closet. First came the shorts (which, to be honest, can be worn with many, many other things). Then came the vision (and purchase) of the kelly green sweater. And last but not least, these amazing tribal-esque shoes from L.A.M.B.

Oh. And then the necklace from Pacsun. Haha, so this is really a combination of purchases made throughout the entire month of September. Wow-wee. No wonder my closet is always exploding! In my defense, each of these pieces can be worn with other things in my closet, so its not a total no-no (plus they were all on sale or discounted very heavily). Either way, I would not use me as a good example on how to buy things rationale. But at least I know how to make a darn cute outfit?







Happy Monday loves! I hope you all had a great weekend!




Express Sweater
Harajuku Mini by Target Shorts
L.A.M.B IOWA Wedges
Pacsun Snakeskin Necklace
Tilly's Ring
Tobi Darla Sunglasses


bloglovintwittertumblr

1 comment:

  1. I love those shorts. I've recently gotten a couple of great items from the Harajuku Kids line at Target, too! And I don't feel bad about it one bit! They have some really cute things!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete