Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: NIA24 Rapid Depigmentation Serum




If you are unfortunate, like me, and spent a good chunk of your life riddled with acne then you are bound to have some discoloration or scarring to your skin. Even though almost all of my acne has disappeared with medical treatment, I still didn't feel a hundred percent comfortable showing my bare skin because of the amount of discoloration I had. This is where the NIA24 Rapid Depigmentation Serum come in.

From the Bloom website:

NIA 24® Rapid Depigmentation Serum simply makes your skin look healthier and better. It is a concentrated serum formula that brightens and evens out your skin tone and leaves it radiant. This physician-recommended, non-abrasive repair and protection serum greatly improves the appearance of your skin tone and texture. It gradually erases dark spots and protects against future discoloration and even strengthens your skin’s supporting structure so your complexion is smooth, even, and healthier. No matter how you look at it, this is a fantastic skin brightener regardless of whether or not you have dark spots! This formula is free of artificial colorants, fragrances, and parabens. It is allergy tested and noncomedogenic.


Now, before I begin my review, I should add that I have been using a depigmentation serum for over a year now. The discoloration in my skin has faded quite a bit since, but there was more than enough left to "test" out. I was really excited to review this product for that reason--even if it was going to be four month process.

Yep, thats right. Four months. I've been using the NIA24 Serum since mid June. I use it twice a day, every day, and as you'll see below, while the results aren't dramatic, they are there.




The NIA24 serum is pretty friendly for most skin types. It did make me break out a bit the first two weeks I used it, but that quickly died off and I haven't broken out since then. Other than that, I haven't experienced any type of irritation or redness from using it twice a day. The serum is thin and lightweight and doesn't create a greasy film on your skin when you use it during the day. I've had this problem with my other serum and it would cause my make up to run in my eyes.



As you can see from my progress shots, the difference in each month is really subtle, almost unnoticeable. Truth be told, I was ready to write a review on how disappointed I was in the product because I wasn't getting any real visible results. That is until I took the before and after photos and put them side by side.



While the results were too subtle month by month to notice, comparing my skin from four months ago to today, I can definitely see a difference. The darker red spots on my cheeks have faded and are not nearly as noticeable in the after photo. Even some of my sun freckles have faded out, too. I've been quite happy with my skin lately, to the point where if I feel even remotely lazy, I'll run errands without any make up on. Hell, sometimes I'll even go to the mall barefaced--something I never thought I would dreamed of doing before.

Overall, I do recommend this product. It is bit pricey, however, which is my only real con. $75 for 1 oz--compared to the competition it is rather steep. But I've been using the product for four months now and am no where near close to running out. And with NIA24, you know you'll get results. The confidence you'll gain from your skin being even and clear is something you really can't put a price tag on.


The product in this post was provided to me by Bloom.com for review. All opinions are of my own and have not been influenced by Bloom.com or NIA24 in any matter.


bloglovintwittertumblr

1 comment: