Thursday, September 13, 2012

First Fall Look




There's really no point in fighting it. Its pretty much fall whether the calendar says it is or not. The weather is just a bit cooler, perfect for all sorts of light layering. New York Fashion Week is just about wrapping up. Pumpkin has already made its way into our drinks and baked goods. Its fall, people. Embrace it. Love it.

Truth be told, I really do love it. I may have my share of complaints with the disappearing sun and cooler temperature, but the beginning of fall is about the only time of year where I can utilize my entire wardrobe. I can mix summer with fall colors. Shorts with long sleeves or light knits. Knee high socks with heels and boots. Light scarves with dresses and sheers. Ugh. How could you not love it?

This outfit will mark the first fall look of the season. Tangerine stripes over a pair of mint chambray shorts? I'm not sure what else would've been more perfect. Minus pairing them with my favorite pair of loafer heels, anyways. This shirt is becoming a fast favorite of mine. I was almost afraid it would look a bit clownish, but after pairing it with a few different items, I'm pretty much in love. I think the sheer aspect keeps it from being too loud and gaudy.




On a side note.. I'm seriously convinced that heels become about 10x more comfortable when you put them on with socks. No blisters plus a bit of extra padding? That's pretty much a win in my book.







And sometimes I get photobombed by the pups. Or by Kaylee in this case, since she's the only one allowed out in the front yard.

What do you guys think? Was this a good mix of summer to fall items? Have you broken out the light knits yet or are you still clinging on to the last few days of summer? Only have a couple weeks left! I hope you all are enjoying it!



TJMaxx Shirt (similar)
Madewell Double Dutch Shorts (similar here and here)
TIL Darling High Wheeler Necklace
MIA 2 Newberry Pump




bloglovintwittertumblr

5 comments:

  1. I love layering and your style is so perfect for it! <3 awesome socks, great pics!!! <3
    I'm following you also via bloglovin' now. I'm 39.
    I hope you would like to follow me too :)

    Greetings from Berlin

    www.clothierin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fall outfit! I love how it incorporates elements of summer too! :)

    -Lisa
    The Lovely Memoir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely look. I love your tangerine stripe shirt with mint. Very cute wearing socks with your loafers for this look.

    ReplyDelete