Thursday, September 20, 2012

AngelContacts Circle Lenes Review




True story. When I was in high school I had huge blonde chunks in my hair and blue colored contacts. Identity crisis or my first experiments with beauty? You be the judge.

Luckily for my parents, the colored contacts didn't last very long (the blonde chunks on the other hand...). They were severely uncomfortable and dried my eyes out within 10 minutes of putting them on. I don't even think I made it through an entire box before I gave up on them. I've always missed them though. I love the idea of being able to occasionally change the color of my eyes, but my experience with the colored contacts was so uncomfortable that I never tried them again.

I never really forgot about them, though. I thought about them quite often and was severely jealous of my college friend. She wore hers all the time and seemed totally comfortable in them (granted her eyes are about 3x the size of mine). So when AngelContacts asked me if I would be interested in reviewing their product I almost jumped for joy.

Note that these colored contacts aren't your normal kind of colored contacts. They're actually called circle lenses (well, technically all lenses are circle lenses, but for the sake of this post we're going to go with the popular term). They're meant to enlarge the appearance of your eyes to give that almost "anime" kind of look.

AngelContacts is a Canadian (why do all things awesomely beauty related come out of Canada?) based company started by a group of friends who have a passion for make up and fashion. The idea behind AngelContact circle lenses is to enhance your natural beauty, much the way eyeshadow and lipstick does. You can go anywhere from a subtle color change with their natural lenses or more dramatic with their bolder ones.

I personally wanted a natural look so I went with a Nudy Green pair.






The contacts came in a clear plastic box with instructions on how to open up the actual containers. The containers are foiled sealed with a rubber stopper underneath - super duper sterile! The contacts also came with a pink contact lens case! Pink!! It's like whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Or eyes? Hmm. In any case you can see how subtle the color looks just floating around in saline. I actually had some doubts as to whether or not the green would even show up against my eyes. And as you can see by the photo above (and below) those doubts were quickly dismissed.

I love these contacts. Like seriously. I want one in every color. Except brown. Seems silly to put brown circle lenses over brown eyes! They are so fun and photograph so well. They actually look pretty natural. And the best part? They're damn comfortable (excuse my swearing). I wore my contacts for around 5-6 hours and only felt a touch dry by the end of the night. They breath nicely, and because they're meant to give you that "enlarged" look, I didn't have issues with the color blocking my peripheral vision. This was a huge problem with my previous pair.

Once you pop the seal, the contacts are good for about a year. Which isn't too bad given the $25 price point. You can get quite a good amount of wear out of them. I highly, highly recommend giving AngelContacts a try if you've been thinking about trying out circle lenses. I think they're a nice way to change up your look every now and then. Great quality, great price, a total winner in my book!







The product in this post was provided to me by AngelContacts for review. All opinions are of my own and have not been influenced by AngelContacts in any matter.




bloglovintwittertumblr

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful with contacts. Could you please tell me which color contacts will be fit for the brownish?

    color contacts canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna,

      Really, any color you would like to wear will work. The contacts that AngelContacts provided show through over my dark brown eyes quite well. The nudy greys were the only one that blended it, but they ended up looking the most natural too.

      Delete