Monday, May 21, 2012

Its a LashFood Extravaganza! Otherwise known as a Review




Happy Monday all! Truth be told, I think I'm speaking to you beyond the grave. I'm pretty sure the slow month of hell that work has put me through has left me for dead. Unfortunately, even in the after life I've been cursed with short, thin lashes. If you remember last month, I did a tutorial/review on Winks by Georgie - best false lashes ever. For people like me falsies are a must have. Even with a couple of coats of quality mascara, my lashes barely show up. Which is why I almost never wear mascara to begin with. That combined with the fact that most mascaras cause my little lashes to uncurl and then poke into my eyes (thank you monolid), I tend to stick with a heavy handed eyeliner instead.

But... That's all about to change.

For the past month I've been testing out the entire line (well most) of LashFood's conditioning products. If you haven't heard of LashFood, they're known for products that.. wait for it (total How I Met Your Mother moment here).. grow and strengthen your lashes.

Say what?

Is that even possible? Yes! Yes it is quite possible--and with no side effects. There are other lash products out there that can cause your lids to darken or hair to grow outside of the lash area (ew), but LashFood's conditioning line has none of that. Now, I do have to say that not all of the products worked out for me. Read on below to find out which ones were keepers and which ones I'll be passing over.

$80.00

When I first received this, I was honestly pretty skeptical. I've never really believed in these kind of products and had I not been sent one to try out, I probably would've never picked this up. I'm really glad that I was given a chance to review this now, because its completely changed my opinion.

LashFood's Nano-Peptide Eyelash Conditioner promises results in 3-6 weeks of daily use. I'm currently four weeks in and I've definitely noticed some results! The application is super quick and easy. The brush is similar one in a liquid eyeliner and the application is just about the same. Even better, you only need to apply the LashFood conditioner once a day, before bed. Which is great for me because I don't have time in the morning, nor would I even remember, to do this.



You can see in the photo below how much my lashes have changed in the past month. They started off pretty thin and short, and a bit sparse. My lashes grew in length before they grew in fullness. If you look at the photos between week one and 2.5, you'll see that they look pretty similar. I think by week one my lashes had grown as long as they were going to and from then all they've just been filling in. The difference is a bit subtle for me though, thanks to my monolid, and mostly noticeable from up close or when I curl my lashes. I feel like the lashes themselves have also gotten darker.



In terms of the side effects, I have yet to experience any. I think if your skin is a bit more on the sensitive side the formula of the conditioner may irritate. I noticed very mild stinging a little bit after application, but it would taper off after a few seconds.

I honestly think this product is really worth it. I wished it wasn't so expensive because I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out! I may have to go beg and barter on the street so I can pick up a new one. If you've ever been curious and have been wanting to try something like this out - do it. You'll see results, promise.

If the conditioner is a bit too much out of your price range though, LashFood has some other products that will help grow your lashes on a more affordable scale. LashFood recommends using these products (an eyeliner and mascara) in conjunction with the conditioner for maximum results, but I think if you're on a budget using these the eyeliner or mascara alone (or together) will still let you reach happy results.



$20.00



This stuff is seriously fantastic! And I'm not even talking about the lash growing formula. Just acting as mascara on its on its amazing. I'm not one to use mascara every day. My lids are a bit too oil (ew, TMI I know) and most of the time I end up with smudges under my eyes or it crumbles and irritates my contact lens. Or worse! Certain mascaras will even uncurl my lashes (not that they like to stay curled to begin with) and then just start poking my eyes.

Its all a rather huge ordeal that I can't stand for more than a few hours.

Which is why I always saved mascara for special occasions, and normally only used it with falsies. My friend Anna can't imagine a life with it, and I think after I've tried LashFood's Conditioning Drama Mascara, I can't either. Ever since I got it, I've seriously been using it every day. Its perfect as a daily. Not too dramatic but just enough to make your eyes pop in a natural way. The formula says smudge free, and I was a bit worried when I read that. Normally if I am able to make any kind of mascara work it needs to be waterproof, not smudge free. My eyes like to tear up at the slightest things, and you know what happens when you're not wearing waterproof mascara and you tear up? Yep. Drama for yo mama.

But not with these. I may or may not have cried in these. Smudge proof? Ha! These are life proof baby. They last all day and even help keep the curl in your lashes - plus y'know grow them out - and washes off easily at night with a bit of soap and water.

Oh LashFood, where have you been all my life? At $20 a pop, its an excellent value considering most drugstore brands will run anywhere from $7-$12, and can they condition and grow your lashes too? I think not.

Well worth it if you ask me.

My only complaint is I do wish the applicator wand was smaller. I have some trouble getting to the outer corners without smearing everwhere--though this is a common issue with most mascaras and easily fixed if I use an external mini wand.

I highly recommend this either with the Conditioning formula or without. It'll do your lashes some good!



$20.00



So let me start off this review with a small disclaimer: I have never liked using liquid liners. It's not that I don't know how to use them. I actually used liquid liner for a couple of years before I discovered MAC's gel liners (my staple item), but they just don't work well with my eyes. I could go into all the reasons why I don't like them, but I won't. Just know that I don't and that this review is a bit biased because of that.

Unfortunately, LashFood's Liquid Eyeliner did nothing to change my opinion. Out of the three, this was really my least favorite. This type of product just doesn't work well for me in general, but in this particular case, it caused quite a bit of irritation with my skin. I don't recommend this if you are sensitive in the least. My eyes felt red and itchy all day. In fact, I think in the photo below you can see a bit of the redness showing through.

In terms of the application it was super easy. The brush is your standard liquid liner brush (just like the Conditioner), and the handle is well designed, giving you maximum control over your application. The product itself is a bit too liquidy and goes on very thin. I actually had to go over my line a few times to get an even coat going. And once it dried, that's when things got a bit weird.



AH! Its a ginormous eye! Actually its a ginormous panda eye. Freshly painted with LashFood's Liquid Liner. You can see that it dried really unevenly, almost like some of the product shrunk while it was drying. It was really strange and I didn't really have time to fix it, so I get to spend all day at work looking like that. Luckily mister monolid likes to eat eyeliner for breakfast, so I'm sure no one noticed. In any case, I've never seen liner do this before (and I'm fairly certain this wasn't a user error), and I think its due to the formula of the liner. Its definitely not your typical formula. It doesn't wash away easily with soap and water. It actually sort of rubbed away, sort of like peeling a bit of plastic from skin. Honestly, it was really strange.

The good part, is if this stuff does work well with your skin and you can get the application going well it will last you all day. No smudge, bleeding, running, disappearing. In that case, its really fantastic. How it looked when I applied it in the morning is how it looked before I took it off at night. I also love how absolutely pitch black it is in color. Its difficult to find anything that delivers that rich a shade of black. Too bad I'll have to pass on this product.

I can't really say I recommend it. I think if you're given a chance to try it, definitely try it, but make sure you can return it if it doesn't work out for you. Good thing Bloom has a 365 day guarantee! If you don't love it, feel free to return it!

Other than the liquid liner I really loved the LashFood products. The mascara has replaced all of my other mascaras and the conditioner has given me hope that I won't be stuck with short little stubby lashes forever. If you are interested in trying out any of these products, head over to Bloom.com right now to check them out. If you have any questions about LashFood products, the folks at Bloom will be holding a Q&A on their Facebook and Twitter pages on Wednesday, May 23rd at 12PM CDT & 8PM CDT.

The products in this post were provided to me by Bloom.com for review. All opinions are of my own and have not been influenced by Bloom.com or LashFood in any matter. Please note that this post does contain referral links.

bloglovintwittertumblr

1 comment:

  1. Nice stuff! thanks for letting us know.



    From,
    Aliya Smith
    http://eyelashes-grow-back.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete