Thursday, May 3, 2012

I put her in the cone bra a long time before Madonna




Ever since I heard that there was going to be a Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the de Young Museum I wanted to go. I begged. I pleaded. I basically nagged BF until his ears bleed.

And finally... we went!

Now I suppose I could've made one of my rare female friends (ahem-anna) go with me, but BF gets into the deYoung for free! And since I'd already been to the deYoung with Chelle visited I didn't really want to pay again to see the same ol' stuff (which ends up we didn't even make it to the rest of the museum as BF was all museum'd out).

In any case, I'll stop boring you with my rabid rambling. I'm fairly sure none of this makes sense right now as my brain is just completely fried out from work. I can't tell you how amazing some of the stuff looks in person. If you have a chance to go, I really recommend it. The pictures below will only give you a glimpse, but you really need to be up-close (but don't touch) some of the textures of these pieces.

My personal favorite (and BF's too but for other reasons) was the laser cut skirt made from shark skin. Which, yes the animal lover in me argues that I shouldn't like it, but it was just too beautifully done not to appreciate.

I didn't want to overwhelm your browsers so the pictures below are in more of a thumbnail size (minus the full size ones of course), but you can click to see a bigger picture.















Quote by Jean Paul Gaultier about his teddy, Nana
bloglovintwittertumblr

6 comments:

  1. I just went to the exhibit last week! Wasn't it amazing? I loved everything about it. The talking mannequins were crazy to me! Never seen anything like that before!


    -Lisa
    The Lovely Memoir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so WERID. lololol it kind of freaked me out. But the whole exhibit just blew my mind. Way better than the Venice one they had before.

      Delete
  2. You've been tagged for a "Get to Know Me" post! I hope you'll join in on the fun :]
    http://melon-heart.blogspot.com/2012/05/get-to-know-me-ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photographs are amazing! I wish I could go see it for myself now!

    Daniel x
    http://votregarcon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww THANK YOU Daniel :) That means a lot!

      Delete