Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Alchimie Forever Brightening Mask




My life has been a bit stressful lately. Mostly because work has been taking up most of my time and energy and I haven't been able to dedicate myself to things I really enjoy and need (like working out and blogging, and of course Bf!). I keep waiting for things to balance out, but its been over a month now, and I'm not sure there's end in sight.

How do you guys handle stress? Do you ever notice the physical consequences of being stressed out? Stress can really wreck havoc on your skin. Breakouts, premature wrinkling and dull skin. Once you get our life back under control, how do you get your skin under control?

That's where Alchimie Forever steps in.

Alchimie Forever Kantic Brightening Moisture Mask promises to brighten your skin, deeply moisturize your complexion, and fight against premature aging. An added plus? This mask is friendly for all skin types and is gluten free and vegan friendly.

The texture of the mask is very light and airy. This mask will not harden as you wear it, so you'll need to be careful. The product is super easy to apply and spreads evenly over your skin. It almost blends into your skin tone, with just a bit of a shimmery overlay.




The Good? This product works well. The results aren't super noticeable right away, not after one application, in any case. The picture below is the before.


l b
This is immediately after one use of the mask.



As you can see there isn't much of a difference. The skin is just a bit brighter, but over the course of the week I noticed my complexion was smoother and vibrant. I've cut down the amount of the foundation I normally use this week. My skin is also a little less shiny. I think with repeated use this mask can really benefit your skin tone.

The Bad? This product has a very strong smell to it. It'll hit you immediately after opening the container. If you are sensitive to strong floral scents, this may not work for you. After wearing the mask for a few minutes my senses felt overwhelmed and I started to develop a headache. The headache only worsen as I kept it on for the full 20 minute duration. I ended up with such a bad headache afterwards that I considered completely discontinuing use, but am currently debating because of the change in my skin tone this past week.

If the smell doesn't bother you or you think you can handle the headache that come with it then, I think this would be a good product for you. Its a bit on the expensive side at $60 a container, but you don't need to use a whole lot per application, so it should last you a while.

If your interested, you can find the product at Bloom.com. And as always, Bloom offers a 365 day guarantee! Bloom will be holding a Q&A session on Thursday, May 24 at noon and 8:00 PM CST. It'll be a great opportunity to talk to other Bloom Ambassadors and to get any questions you might have answered.

UPDATE: It must've been an off day for me when I first tried this mask out. The second time I used it, the smell was not as strong and didn't bother me as much. No headache afterwards too! I've been minimal make up all week because my skin just looks fantastic!

The products in this post were provided to me by Bloom.com for review. All opinions are of my own and have not been influenced by Bloom.com or LashFood in any matter. Please note that this post does contain referral links.


bloglovintwittertumblr

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I am contacting you following your review of my Kantic Mask on your blog.

    I do apologize for your headache following the application of this product. We do use fragrances in our products, and typically get amazing reviews on our aromas which are based on our natural ingredients, and light enough not to irritate the skin, or interfere with any perfume or cologne our consumers might use. I have not had comments about a fragrance-induced headache before, and once again, I am sorry that you experienced that.

    The mask is our hero product, and definitely an active product (high concentration of extracts, pH lower than the skin’s). I am happy that you saw a brightening in your skin - as with any skin care treatment product, the more you use the product, the more significant your results will be.

    Please do note hesitate to contact me directly with any questions you might have.

    Thank you again for taking the time to learn about my family’s line, and to try our mask.

    Warmest regards,

    Ada
    CEO
    Alchimie Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love your personal touch Ada!! I've used the mask 3x now and the scent doesn't bother me any more. BF says my skin looks absolutely fantastic so thank you for such a great product!

      Delete