Tuesday, March 27, 2012

OASAP.com Review




Edit: Please see my updated opinion here

I've written and rewritten this post so many times that I've lost count. I couldn't think of a way to start it off that was witty or funny or even interesting, so I decided to just go with honest.

My brain hurts.

Like really hurts. Its sleep deprived. And trying to write a blog post off of four hours of sleep is not good. At least I didn't wake up this morning thinking my phone had some how reset itself to Portuguese like I did the other day.

I really need to get more sleep.

But enough about my inability to be a responsible adult and go to bed on time. Let's talk OASAP. I recently received a gift voucher from OASAP.com and thought I'd couple it with a review (since I like doing those so much :P). Unfortunately, my spending has been a bit out of control lately so I decided to restrict myself to just one item, even with the gift voucher.

OASAP.com is a global online retailer. They pretty much focus on woman's apparel, bags, jewelry, etc. They offer free worldwide shipping - no minimum. That's pretty much all it will take to sucker me into any online store.

In addition to free shipping, OASAP also has a Thank You Points program that will allow you to accrue credit towards future purchases. There are a number of ways to receive points, and each point is worth 1 US Dollar.

OASAP.com also offers a 25% off coupon for your first purchase when you sign up for a newsletter.



The Good: I ordered this blouse on March 13 and received it on March 24. All in all it took about 10 days for them to receive and ship my order and have it show up at my door step. Which is quite a bit if this company is based in the US like their contact information suggest. However, I'm fairly certain that they're based overseas which makes a 10 day turn around period not bad.

Customer service wise, they're pretty good. They have tons of contact information available. I've already reached out to them a couple of times over live chat. Do keep in mind that they are based over seas, so often times they're not available on live chat until later on in the evening (for us U.S. folks).

And as you can see the shirt I purchased looks exactly like the one pictured. I was really happy with the quality of the shirt and the overall fit.

However...



The Bad: On the site the shirt is stated as a "one size". But really what they meant by "one size" is that there was only one size available - a Medium (and thankfully it fit). Oh, and did I mention that the tag of my shirt reads "Zara Woman"?

Yep, that's right. Even though the site doesn't state that this item is a shirt from Zara, it is! Which really turned out to be more of a happy surprise than anything since I freaking love Zara. I've also noticed quite a few other Zara pictured items (as well as items from other stores) on the site. If this isn't evidence that I spend too much time shopping, I don't know what is. When I asked customer service about it, they couldn't really confirm or deny if they purchase overstock or off season items from Zara or any other merchants, aside from the1727.com.

I have purchased from other companies like this before. They tend to sell overstock, off season, or returned merchandise and for whatever reason, possible legal ones, they aren't allowed to disclose the brand or where the item is coming from. (At least these companies aren't tearing up clothing and putting them into the dumpster right?) I'll admit that it did make me pause and think, but I did receive my order in a timely fashion and this isn't some company where you can't even get a hold of any one to ask about your order. They are ready and willing to talk to you, even if you are asking them questions that they can't necessarily answer.



I did tons and tons of searching on Google and no one else seemed to either notice or be bothered by this, so maybe I shouldn't either. But I'll always try my best to keep this blog honest, whether I pay for an item or its been compensated in some way. I debated back and forth about the latter part of my review, but I do feel like it is something you guys should be aware of.

Personally, I do love my shirt to bits, and I think I would purchase from them again (even without a voucher). OASAP really has a lot of cute and unique items on their site, its kind of hard to say no!


c/o OASAP.com blouse, H&M shorts, American Apparel OTK Socks, DV by Dolce Vita Pura boots


bloglovintwittertumblr

16 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! One of my all time favs!!

    xx Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this review! It's really interesting to see that they have labels from other brands... That reminds me from when I was shopping in Taiwan, and I would also see cardigans that have sewn in labels from brands like Zara as well.

    But all in all, that is an awesome blouse, and you look great in it! :)

    -Evelina
    effervescentevelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just fell in love with your blouse!

    Awesome review too - thank you for mentioning that the labels are from other retailers, and the one-size-fits-all issue. I've seen a few online stores that say "one size only" on some of their items, and it's always scared me into not getting it. I hate having to return items, so I would rather not risk it. I may have to see if they still have this blouse though...


    frayed-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love The Sparrow Shirt!!

    BlackWhiteTaffy
    http://blackwhitetaffy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunelly here on Portugal a fellow blogger spoke about the strage Inditex tag and nobody liked it specially because they didin't aswered her why the clothe comes with the Zara/Inditex tag, and they use a lot of pics from another brands sites as you could have noticied but the most awkward thing is that the pics are not from pasts collections the blouse that my fellow blogger received past week is on stores yet so they are not from overstock or off season so many of us are not ok with this site we don't think it's legal specially because they do not gave any aswer to explain that... it's sad because we think the clothes have being selling without the consentiment from Zara, H&M, Asos and so on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thaisa,

      Thanks for the comment. Would you mind giving me a link to your friend's blog? I'd like to see what she wrote.

      Delete
    2. Hi, of course: http://www.teenieweenieblog.com/2012/04/o-estranho-caso-da-etiqueta-inditex.html

      It's in Portuguese if you need any help to translate it let me know.

      Delete
  6. Nice read, I just bought a bag from OASAP :) I am in SoCal so hopefully it comes in 10 days as well!

    -- Amelia
    www.allonthewrist.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shirt looks beautiful on you! I love the way you put this outfit together.
    It sounds like you're lucky you got a Zara shirt as some of the stuff on that website dosn't look as good quality as zara stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I discovered Oasap from a shirt I found on Pinterest and I immediately fell in love with everything else in the store. But, having a mother who is paranoid with buying online, I have to do my research to see if it's "legit". So the question is, is Oasap a scam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      No, it is most definitely not a scam. They do ship from overseas, so it will take a while (about 10-14 days) to receive your item. I have always gotten everything I've ordered from them. I can't speak to the quality though since it really varies from item to item.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. i got scammed by them recently..I did a post on it and have linked to this post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice find! I've been browsing the site but have been a little uncertain whether to purchase anything. Might pick a cheaper item and see how it goes!

    Tina xo
    www.trashtotreasured.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete