Tuesday, January 3, 2012

cat and mouse - part 01







hype this look here at lookbook.nu

happy 2012 everyone!!

i cannottttt tell you how tired i am today. its actually really difficult to write a coherent post right now. i apologize in advance for the awkward gibberish that is about to plague your eyes.

if you've been following the blog the past couple of weeks (although given how scarce the post have gotten, i don't blame you if you've cut and run) you know that i've been blabbering on about going to disneyland for new years eve. it was kinda amazing, and fantastic, and yet insanely horrible at the same time. i'll post more about it later once i get all the pictures ready, but here's one to show you how crowded it got.



i snapped these outfit photos outside my parents house early in the morning before we left. i actually woke up an extra half an hour early just for you guys! definitely feel special because me waking up before needed is a difficult, difficult task. i seriously couldn't believe how bright it was for 8 AM. its been so foggy and gloomy in the bay that i forgot that it can get sunny in the winter time when you live in california.

when i was originally planning outfit for nye, i knew i wanted to feature my leopard print jeggings. i'm so in love with them and have worn them so many times already its unhygienic. (you probably didn't need to know that huh?) i would say its kind of amazing they haven't made it into a blog post yet, but i've been such a lazy fat panda that its not.

what surprisingly ended up being my favorite item was my top. i'd randomly found this tank from express and it ust screamed out my name. i'm not normally one for sequins and lots of glitter. i like things those kinda of things to be more on the subtle side. which this top did perfectly. its got just a bit of sparkle to it, sequins sewn over an embroidered mesh, and a scalloped hem. i mean how much more meant to be is that?



and lucky for me, my carnaby's arrived just in time (for photos that is, i am not crazy enough to wear these 12+ hours at an amusement park)!



these are actually my replacement pair. the first pair i got had a nail in the footbed, can you believe that? thankfully the store i bought them from 2-day'd me a replacement to me, so they were back in my hands in no time! now i just need to actually wear them for more than 30 minutes ;)


photos taken by me
forever 21 lace cardigan, express embroidered mesh tank, bullhead leopard jeggings, steve madden carnaby boots

bloglovintwittertumblr

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you didn't stab yourself on the original pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your shoes! I'm a fairly new follower, but wanted to pass on the Liebster Blog Award to you because I think your style rocks! I just received it - first time I had heard of it -& am asked to pass it on to other blogs I love that have less than 200 followers, but deserve more. http://boyishchic.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    Woohoo! xx. Jillian

    ReplyDelete