i'm too sleepy to think of a cute title for this post. >.< this is the nail polish design i created and wore back in december for bf's 1940's holiday party. apparently in the 1940's it was really popular to have a polished nail with a left out white half-moon at the base and a white sliver at tip. i did my best to re-create that style, but of course i wanted to put my own spin on it.
it was also really common to coordinate your polish to match the colors of your outfit. i painted my nails when i originally thought i would still be wearing my leopard print fascinator. oops. it ended up being a happy oops though. i really love the end result (minus a few sloppy areas >.<). i don't think i've ever received so many results on my nails before either! and it was kinda a proud moment, too, to say that i created and painted these on my own, and no this isn't a nail wrap design.
please excuse the ugly climber hands the polish is on. climbing really, really screws up my skin :( just look at the pretty design and ignore the skin around it. lol.
on another note, some more exciting news
- blogger now has threading for comments! what does this mean? this means i can finally reply directly to all your wonderful comments!! i'm so excited.. i felt like this was one thing really missing from the blogger interface and now it's here!
- i was the first runner up in YesStyle's Holiday Party a la YesStyle contest! i won a $200 giftcard to YesStyle and have pretty much spent an entire day looking for things to buy.
- i made the IFB weekly round up again! yay!!
Fresh New Start
Edited by: Collette Osuna of Statements in Fashion
Even though January is one brutal cold month in Michigan, it happens to be one of my favorites. It’s a brand New Year.....it’s the opportunity for each and every one of us to start with a fresh clean slate. What will you be taking on this year? A new hobby? Losing weight? Starting your own business? Bettering your blog? The ideas are only limited by your imagination, and I for one, cannot wait to begin this new adventure. This weeks links are chock full of awesome DIY ideas, product reviews, and ways to make yourself smile!
Have a fabulous month everyone!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: JANUARY 12TH
- Pandippo: Sometimes a simple dress is all you need
- Ethical Fashion Blog: What do you think about charity shop pricing?
- Fashion is Evolution: How to make a clothing-tag specimen board
- Fashion Moriarty: If you only buy 12 magazines this year
- House of Jeffers: Not fitting in because of the way you dress
- Letter Kay Blog: How to wear leather leggings
- Life of a Recessionista: Products I can’t live without
- Life Style Flash: Things I hate about shopping
- Marionberry Style: It isn’t easy being green
- Nadalyn Margaret: All about brooches
- Over 50 Feeling 40: Journalism 101 for Bloggers
- Paper Cloth: Things I learned from January J.Crew
- Pretty Quirky Pants: DIY Beaded stretch cuff bracelet
- Statements in Fashion: Twitter Tuesday: "Chuffed to Bits" for The Whitelist
- Style Delights: Ten tips to be happy!
- The Calvin Show: How to take great street style photos
- The Dapper Bun: DIY Simple hems
- The PVD Journal: How to take gratuitous photos of yourself
- The Shop Hopper: Shopping Manifesto
- The Window Shopper: DIY Getting your colors done
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine